Welcome, teletext fanatics! I'll just leave this here...

Tuesday 15 January 2008

Befix - glitch art

"Pleasure is Error". For some reason humans (particularly us British) like seeing things go horribly wrong. Not in a mean way but kind of accepting failure.

I always laugh when my cable box crashes, making voices become zombified and the screen display a nice little pattern. Befix is a website inspired by computer display glitches.

The glitch section is quite interesting, I feel. There's a variety of imagery which seems to be generated using different formats. It would be good to take a variety of video appliances and see how I could corrupt them - starting with my cable box and moving onto teletext pages, video game consoles, computers etc. Maybe a side project would be a 'glitch' blog.

0 comments: